Otherwise, yes, there's not much else you can do since you're not the custodial parent.Get on mom's ass, get more involved yourself, or get to court and seek custody.As the parent, you can of course - without the need of a court order - dictate what she can and can't do during your parenting time including who she goes out with. You can work with mom to come up with a plan to help her better structure her live and behavior.

restraining order ontario dating-54

I'm ready to give up and just let the chips fall where they fall.

There are four steps in obtaining a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO).

However, I can't help but see this all started after her involvement with this new boy. I had however been keeping tabs and watching as any parent would do.

I have no problem with that, though I don't necessarily agree with the level of freedom that mom has granted our daughter.

If you and your ex- cannot agree on a plan, you can go to court and try to seek modification of the custody order - but at age 17, there's a very limited time frame for that to occur and for any modification to have an effect, and even assuming you get a new order you may find that your daughter has no interest in complying with whatever the court orders. She already has expressed she has no interest in seeing me ever again, though it is largely a teenage threat I believe.

Here is how I see it happening: I confront the boy and his mother with the proposition that if there is any further illegal behavior (he and my daughter were just arrested 2 days ago for shoplifting and they have both admitted to smoking pot) he will be kindly asked to not see my daughter any longer. The change in her behavior toward me (and her subsequent move to mom's) was the fact that I took her car, her phone, and insisted she quit smoking pot.

This really is a last resort as a parent and I don't like taking this course of action.

At the end of the day I can't choose her friends and I get that.

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: South Dakota Long story, short version: Daughter is A/B student, goes to school, involved, no problems at all other than normal and expected teenage angst. She becomes a D/F student, involved in drugs and alcohol, skips school, is caught shoplifting alcohol. Our daughter has been allowed in her later teen years to come and go between my home and her mother's home. I didn't necessarily like the boyfriend from the get-go.

All of this new activity is obviously her own actions and I ultimately hold her responsible for her own choices. I allowed and even encouraged the relationship (they have been together for almost a year now) to some extent because the boy had always been courteous, and treated my daughter with respect which is all a parent can really expect.

What I would like to do is this: Confront the boyfriend, his mother, and probably my daughter with the proposition that if there is one more incident of illegal behavior of any kind (truancy, drugs/alcohol, shoplifting, or any other action that is against the law), I will not allow my daughter to see this boy again. Can I seek a restraining order against this boy to prevent contact?